Friday, December 01, 2006

openpcd hack..

So, the best thing this time in foss.in is the starting of my embedded work. Openpcd is a nice work from Milosch, Brita & Harald.
Yesterday from 4pm me & Milosch was trying to make my laptop configured properly so that I can start wokring on the openpcd board that Milosch presented me :) And it took 8 hours (with 2 hours for dinner) to fix it. Now it is a only 3 minute job.
So, here is the procedure:

First make sure that you do a modprobe usbserial.
Now first I am going to fix my laptop as the host:

tar -xjvf librfid-1929.tar.bz2
mv librfid librfid.host
cd librfid.host/
mcedit src/Makefile.am //////delete -lopenct from there
./autogen.sh
./configure --without-openct --prefix=/usr/local/openpcd
make
su -c "make install"

Now I have to fix my librfid for the firmware:

tar -xjvf librfid-host.tar.bz2
make
cd ..
tar -xjvf openpcd-firmware-274.tar.bz2
find firmware -exec touch \{\} \;
ls
cd host/
make
ls -l
cd ..
tar -xjvf librfid-1929.tar.bz2
mv librfid librfid.firm
cd librfid.firm/
export CFLAGS="-I/usr/include -DLIBRFID_FIRMWARE"
export CC=arm-elf-gcc
export PATH=/usr/local/gnuarm-4.0.2/bin:$PATH
./autogen.sh
./configure --without-openct --host=arm-elf --with-firmware=/home/kd/build/openpcd/firmware
make
cd ../firmware/
mcedit Makefile (((((((((((((((Please point LIBRFID to the correct directory))))))))))
make DEBUG=1 BOARD=PCD TARGET=main_reqa
ls -l
su -c "/usr/local/openpcd/bin/dfu-programmer openpcd dfu_dnload main_reqa.bin"
su -c "/usr/local/openpcd/bin/dfu-programmer openpcd dfu_dnload main_reqa.bin"


And it is done..
My first experience with good C :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home